Helping all Vermonters access the best health services with an emphasis on prevention.
About the Blueprint for Health .
The Blueprint for Health (Blueprint) is Vermont’s state-led initiative charged with guiding a process that results in sustainable health care delivery reform. Originally codified in Vermont statute in 2006, then modified further in 2007, 2008, and finally in 2010 with Vermont Act 128 amending 18 V.S.A. Chapter 13 which defines Blueprint as a “program for integrating a system of health care for patients, improving the health of the overall population, and improving control over health care costs by promoting health maintenance, prevention, and care coordination and management.”
To that end, the Blueprint has worked with stakeholders in each of Vermont’s Health Service Areas to implement a new health services model. The model includes:
- Advanced primary care practices that are recognized as patient centered medical homes (PCMHs) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Multi-disciplinary core Community Health Teams (CHT) and additional specialized care coordinators, which support PCMHs and provide the general and target population access to multi-disciplinary health services
- Evidence-based self-management programs to help citizens adopt healthier lifestyles and engage in preventive health services
- Multi-insurer payment reforms that fund PCMH transformation and community health teams
- Implementation of health information technology (HIT) to support health information exchange, guideline-based care, population management, and comparative evaluation
- Multi-faceted evaluation system to determine the impacts of health care reform initiatives
- A Learning Health System that helps practices and community health teams plan and implement PCMH operations, and supports ongoing quality improvement and innovation
In 2013, the Blueprint continued to grow and strengthen the underlying model in all geographic regions or Health Service Areas (HSAs) in the state. A few highlights include:
- NCQA recognition of 17 new practices serving an additional 91,370 patients
- Blueprint recognition of the first naturopathic practice as an advanced primary care practice
- Cumulative recognition of 121 PCMH practices serving a total of 514,385 Vermonters
- Expansion to 120 CHT staff statewide
- Statewide SASH coverage with 36.5 SASH teams serving high risk Medicare beneficiaries
- New model of care for Opioid Addiction Treatment called Hub and Spoke implemented statewide with 5 regional addiction treatment centers (Hubs) and 30 Spoke staff (nurses and clinicians) deployed to buprenorphine prescribing practices (Spokes)
Blueprint Notifications and Staff Contact Information .
Blueprint Annual Reports .
2013 Annual Report (Jan. 2014)
2012 Annual Report (Feb. 2013)
2011 Annual Report (Jan. 2012)
2010 Annual Report (Jan. 2011)
2009 Annual Report (Jan. 2010)
Blueprint Annual Reports Supporting Documents .
2012 Annual Report Supporting Documents
2011 Annual Report Supporting Documents
2014 Blueprint Annual Conference Meeting Materials . Now available!
Vermont Blueprint for Health Annual Conference 2014: Empowering People - Morning Sessions
Vermont Blueprint for Health Annual Conference 2014: Empowering People - Afternoon Sessions
Choosing Wisely: Culture, Strategy and Transformation (PPTX 5 MB)
John Santa, MD, MPH
Consumer Reports Health
Vermont Blueprint for Health (PDF 1 MB)
Craig Jones, MD
Vermont Blueprint for Health
The Swiss Healthcare System: Integration of Public Health and Prevention Programs (PDF 1 MB)
Ursula Koch, MSc, MPH, MS
Head of division of the National Prevention Programs at the Federal Office of Public Health
Blueprint Networks Analysis: A Study of the Secret Sauce (PDF 2 MB)
University of Vermont - VCHIP
A Deep Dive Into Supports and Services at Home (SASH) (PDF 2.2 MB)
Molly Dugan, BS, MPA, MD
Lise MacDonald, MEd
Blueprint Health Service Area Semi-Annual Report .
HSA Semi-Annual Report (Due April 30, 2014)
2013 Blueprint Annual Conference Meeting Materials .
Vermont Blueprint for Health Annual Conference 2013: Health System Innovation, Practice and Policy: The Long View, Part 1 of 4. 04/17/2013
Vermont Blueprint for Health Annual Conference 2013: Health System Innovation, Practice and Policy: The Long View, Part 2 of 4. 04/17/2013
Vermont Blueprint for Health Annual Conference 2013: Health System Innovation, Practice and Policy: The Long View, Part 3 of 4. 04/17/2013
Vermont Blueprint for Health Annual Conference 2013: Health System Innovation, Practice and Policy: The Long View, Part 4 of 4. 04/17/2013
Blueprint Advisory Groups - Meeting Schedules, Minutes, Agendas .
Hub and Spoke Documents .
Blueprint Implementation Materials .
Bulletin 10-19-Vermont Blueprint for Health Rules (Adopted 3/5/11)
Blueprint Manual (Nov. 2010)
2012 Grant Reporting Forms .
Tobacco Cessation .
Tobacco Cessation Workshops
Thinking about quitting smoking?? Well Vermont has Tobacco Cessation Workshops around the state to help you kick that habit. If you'd like to get help in person, there are local Vermont Quit Network group coaches available in communities throughout Vermont.
Just like the phone coaches, they'll help you set your quit date and get ready to quit. And, they also offer free nicotine replacement - gum, patches or lozenges - when you use the service, and it's shipped directly to you home. Once you've quit, they'll help you with advice and support. Remember, quitting is tough, but it's easier when there's someone to help you. To find a quit group in your area please check the schedule below and for more information go to http://802quits.org/in-person-quit-help/
Healthier Living Workshops .
Which Healthier Living Workshop is for You?
WRAP Implementation Guide (May 2013)
Healthier Living Workshop Evaluation (November 2011)
2013 Healthier Living Workshop Calendar (February 2013)
Attendance Sheet (1-26-2012)
Project Managers List (1-2013)
Project Managers - Map (Nov-11)
HLW Regional Coordinators List (1-9-2013)
Regional Coordinator Map (Jan. 2013)
Steps for Healthier Living Workshop Paper Work. (April 2011)
Combined Schedule Workshop (April 2011)
Healthier Living Workshop Final Evaluation Form (April 2011)
Healthier Living Workshop Evaluation Baseline Form (April 2011)
Template Letter to Healthcare Provider (April 2011)